Published by .
Did you know that a lot of famous beauty and personal-care products are animal test–free? While brands like The Honest Company and KVD are known for their cruelty-free status, other animal-friendly products are hiding on the shelves at your local store. You don’t have to head to a fancy boutique!
By using cruelty-free products ranging from deodorants to makeup, we can look and feel exceptional without harming animals. If you haven’t already made some ethical upgrades, why not do so? You may be surprised by how easy it is to shop with compassion.
Check out these popular brands, which sell vegan products that are certified by PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies as animal-free.
- Secret Aluminum Free Deodorant: Looking for a deodorant that’s kind to your underarms and other animals? Look no further than Secret. By purchasing PETA-certified products like Secret deodorant, you can help spare rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, rats, and other animals excruciating tests and a lifetime of suffering.
- Dove Body Wash: Did you know that some personal-care products contain insect vomit, cow lard, or lanolin extracted from sheep’s oil glands? Regardless of your skin type or budget, there are plenty of cruelty-free soaps on the market. Dove Body Wash is animal test–free and vegan, so you can lather up with kindness.
- Herbal Essences: Looking for hair care that’s kind to other animals? Herbal Essences makes the cut! The products’ animal test–free formulas are infused with natural ingredients, leaving your hair looking and feeling fabulous. Some of Herbal Essences’ products contain honey and beeswax, so stick with the vegan products to avoid harming hardworking bees.
- Physicians Formula: Yes—Physicians Formula’s makeup is 100% animal test–free, and many of its products are vegan. This well-loved brand will leave you looking and feeling fabulous—and happy knowing that no animals were harmed in the process. Not only is animal testing inhumane, it’s also unnecessary—especially since many non-animal models are available. Why not give your skin and your conscience a treat with Physicians Formula instead?
- e.l.f. Cosmetics: By choosing vegan company e.l.f., you can slay your makeup look while also being a friend to other animals. So treat yourself to some guilt-free glam with e.l.f.—your mirror (and other animals) will thank you.
- wet n wild: When you flip your wet n wild product over, you may well see PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies logo.
- NYX Professional Makeup: This brand’s products can be found in thousands of stores. Plus, the easy-to-use vegan product filter on its website helps customers stay confident in knowing that they are using cruelty-free products.
Using animals for product testing involves subjecting them to harmful and often painful experiments. By purchasing vegan products, you are encouraging the well-being of other animals and taking a stand against cruelty to animals. Our Bunny Free app makes it easy to determine whether a company is cruelty-free while you’re shopping.